"HMS "Endurance" (A171) (Flag #2.2)
HMS "Endurance" (A171), ex-"Anita Dan", build in Germany by Grogerwerft in 1956 for the Laurizen Lines company, then modified by Harland & Wolff for the Royal Navy in 1967. Used to mark the British presence in Antarctica and in the Flaklands Islands. Was at Stanley when the Argentine troops land in the island. Participate to the war with her two Westland Wasp helicopters and her Royal Marines detachment. Struck an iceberg in 1989 but was repaired, then decommissioned in 1991.
Acrylics and ink on Bristol card, CAD modified to be inserted in a colored background including the Royal Navy White Ensign.